As Far as the Eye Can See
Books. Movies. Photos.

Watchmen

Category:

The movie adaptation of Watchmen the comic book by Alan Moore fell short of my expectations on some levels. Yes, there are good points like (1) the uncanny resemblance between the live action heroes and their comic book counterparts, (2) the more judicious ending compared to that in the graphic novel, (3) the action scenes, and (4) Rorschach.

I was disappointed with some selections that are included in the soundtrack though - those that gave me the feeling that I was watching an episode of Cold Case. I expected Dr. Manhattan to be totally void of emotion but his voice in the movie failed me. It should have sounded more Transformers-like or something.

Now I’m a staunch believer that the visual and the printed versions of one masterpiece should always be seen in different lights. Watchmen is not your typical superhero story; it is out-of-the-box, as they say. It just seemed as if the movie was “trying” too hard to be out of the box. In an attempt to cover too much ground, it failed to convey so many emotions that Moore successfully drew on paper.


Director: Zack Snyder
Studio: Legendary Pictures, DC Comics
Release Date: March 2009


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search

Followers

Labels


Live Traffic Feed